The Dangers of Lithium-Ion Batteries in Southern Maryland
Lithium Batteries are a power source for many day to day devices such as cell phones, laptops, toys, vapes, smoke alarms, and my other items. These batteries are known to store a lot of energy and if damaged or used improperly can cause them to catch fire.
Some safety tips when dealing with Lithium Batteries
- Make sure they are listed by a qualified testing laboratory.
- Read and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Don't leave batteries charging overnight.
- Use proper charging cord.
- Do not charge on a flammable source such as furniture.
If you are using the battery and notice any problems with it such as odor, change of shape, fluid coming out if it, smoking, increase of heat, and odd noises. Stop using the battery and device and move if to a safe place away from anything flammable and call 911.
If you experience a fire on your home or property in St. Mary's or Calvert Counties give us a call today to make it "Like It Never Even Happened."